It’s the day after Election Day, and this is what I’ve got to say: Jesus was Lord when I went to bed last night and he was Lord when I woke up this morning. Not only that, but he’s got work for us to do. Maybe the best thing we can do on the day after is stop crying in our coffee or dancing in the streets and get on with the work of the Kingdom!
I got this email from Steve Blanchard at the end of October and have been slow about posting it, but read through it if you will and take a look at all the KOH2RVA events going on in November (and these are only the ones Steve knows about). If you have others, please let him know or let me know so that we can get the word out. If we’re going to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to Richmond, Virginia, it’s going to take all of us working together–with Jesus, by the grace of God, and with the help of the Holy Spirit!
Just a few updates to keep everyone in the know and also so you can help spread the news. Please let me know if there are other KOH2RVA or Compassion events happening in November that I have not posted. Blessings.
- The Essex Community Fair was postponed due to impending weather. It will be rescheduled later.
- The Awareness Tours have been advertised on the web site and by a poster in the hallway but no one has signed up. Please help get the word out and invite people to sign up.
- The Richmond Homeless Dialogue meets this Thursday, November 1 at 3pm here at FBC if you would like to attend. The topic is housing.
- The mission team going to Costa Rica leaves Saturday and will be gone through the 11th. Team members are Matthew Brown, Madison Brown, Jeff Dortch, Joe Evans, and Elise Cumbia.
- We will be providing pizza and drinks for Glen Lea teachers next Monday, November 5th, for their parent teacher conferences. If anyone would like to provide a dessert, please contact Raylene or Linda
- There will be a Fall Festival at Glen Lea Elementary on November 10 from 11am -2pm. If you would like to help in any way, please notify Raylene or Linda.
- Richmond Homeless Connect will be at the Richmond Convention Center on Tuesday, November 13, from 9am until 3pm. Those in our homeless community will be able to receive a variety of services, all under one roof. To help, contact HOMEWARD.
- The staff of FBC will be hosting Grace Fellowship November 15.
- A mission team from James Madison University will be at FBC Nov. 16-20 and will work at Essex Village on Sat. and Sun. and at Glen Lea on Monday. They will also be present at CARITAS every night (at FBC) to hang out with our guests.
- CARITAS begins here at FBC on Saturday, November 17th. If you would like to help, please contact Charlie Ball.
- FBC will be providing transportation service for Essex Village parents who have children enrolled at Glen Lea and wish to attend a community workshop at Glen Lea on Monday, November 19 from 6pm-7:30pm.
Minister of Christian Compassion
Richmond’s First Baptist Church
2709 Monument Ave.
Richmond, VA 23220